In regards to the latest update; we will no longer be running experiences for more than 5 participants for the time being.
We have missed sharing our passion for birds of prey with your guests over the last few months and we are so excited to start welcoming our guests back to enjoy learning about and flying some incredible species.
Listed below are the new protocols which are in place to protect both our staff and guests, along with details on voucher extensions to compensate for the time that vouchers could not be used. Any sections regarding voucher validity and booking are only valid for vouchers purchased via the UK Owl and Raptor Centre and not by any third-party organisation.
VOUCHER VALIDITY -
- All vouchers purchased before the 23rd March 2020 will be given an automatic 14-week extension onto their vouchers validity.
- Vouchers which have their validity expired on or before the 23rd March 2020 will not be extended.
VOUCHER BOOKING -
- All vouchers must be used before their expiry date, which is their original expiry date + 14 weeks.
- Those who wish to extend the voucher further beyond the 14 weeks can do so at the cost of £20 for an additional 3 months.
- All equipment will be cleaned before and after experiences.
THE EXPERIENCE -
- Our minimum age has risen from 8, to 10 years of age for the current time being. Any vouchers which are affected by this will be extended in accordance to this change.
- Only guests who are from the same household, or social bubble are allowed to attend together.
- If any person is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, you must not attend and should request a free test from the NHS.
- If you or any guests is on the high risk category, you will not be able to attend. For full details on who is considered at high risk, visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/people-at-higher-risk/whos-at-higher-risk-from-coronavirus/. Please check this upon receiving this email and let us know if you are listed so we can rearrange your experience to a later date.
- Face coverings must be worn throughout the experience. If for a medical reason this is not possible, we will have to postpone your experience for your safety and ours.
- If you attend with no face covering for the session, we are unable to provide one to you and this will result in your experience being cancelled for that day and a rebooking fee of £20 will apply.
- Hand washing facilities are available, but please if possible bring hand sanitiser. You will be asked to use these facilities before and after your experience.
- We will provide protective gloves to wear to handle the birds, but we will also provide gloves to go underneath these for extra hygiene protection.
- If you or anybody in the group has been contacted by NHS Test and Trace in the 14 days prior to your experience, the experience will have to be rebooked.
- We will have to keep record of your contact details for 14 days incase we are contacted by NHS Test and Trace, so we can let them know that you attended a session with us. If you wish to opt-out of this, please inform us.
If you have any questions regarding our new policies, please do not hesitate to contact us.